2.18.2008

get up to speed stl

the world of tv is going digital, and my hometown is ill-prepared. apparently 19% of homes in st. louis are incapable of receiving digital signals, as compared to 10.9% across the us. are we seriously that backwoods here? don't worry, we're not dead last...just close to it.

this transition to digital, along with the introduction of hd, is the first time in my life that i've truly felt behind the times in technology. i find all of the tv lingo and specifications very confusing, and i'm not very interesting in learning them either. i now know what my grandparents felt like when people told them they had to have a computer at home. if i feel this way at 25, it's going to be a long road for me to figure out what the hell i'm doing.

in other news, the final 24 have been chosen for ai. man, is it going to be a great year. i have 14 weeks of singing and voting to look forward to. if that's not good news, i don't know what is.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You are going to witness one of those 19% homes tomorrow evening my friend...

I too have NO clue whatsoever when it comes to all this TV gobbeldy gook, but I have the (mild) confidence that if I tried to understand it, I could. I mean, it was only a few years ago that I was selling TVs, etc. at Target and doing a pretty good job of it too.

Things are a-changing quite fast though, that's for sure!

I think I am going to have to break down and get cable when all this is said and done next Feb. They'll probably raise the rates before then, but basic channels are only $12.99/mo. right now.

Or...I'll just blow my 2008 bonus check on an amazing TV setup. We'll see ;)